10 ways on how to get rid Acne
Acne has been one of the most common skin problems that most people of different ages are facing. The most common acne, which I actually experienced during my teenage days, was the one called acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is the most common form of acne which commonly appears as pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.
It really is a worst nightmare to see yourself in the mirror with those red huge bumps on your face. I myself couldn’t imagine that, but like they say…Acne is a fact of life- unfortunately. However, there are several ways on how to get rid of acne. I always believe that prevention is better than cure! Check out some useful information below:
Ways on how to get rid of Acne
- Number 1 rule: Consult a dermatologist. They know what to do, way better than what you have read over the internet. What’s the point of them enrolling to a derma school if they know nothing? I stand firm- they have a lot to say on how to get rid of acne.
- Never pinch or pick at your acne. Your hands are one of the dirtiest parts of your body, so squeezing an acne won’t help at all. Pinching can make it worst by spreading the bacteria which then infects other parts of your face.
- Who says washing your face is not effective? It is! unless you rub your face too hard and use strong chemical cleansers. Washing your face 2 to 3 times daily with a mild soap or acne cleanser is recommended by most dermatologists.
- Heard of home remedies for acne? Well, studies have showed that honey, garlic and a paste made of cucumber are effective anti-acne remedies.
- Other home remedies for acne are toothpaste or oatmeal bath treatment. Mix them to create a paste and apply directly to the affected area.
- Also to prevent swelling and redness, try pressing a wet and warm tea bag or a cotton ball with a dab of lemon juice against the acne for about 5 minutes. Make sure your hands are clean!
- Do regular exercise! Yes…i just said Regular! our skin is one of the main organs responsible for removing wastes and toxins. When you exercise, you sweat profusely, and when you sweat you push those nasty oil build ups out of your skin. Don’t forget to drink more water too!
- Not all prescription drugs are acne cure. Some studies have proven that prescription acne drugs such as Retin-A, Sulphur, Isotretinoin and Minocycline are all risky and may cause harm instead of good. That’s why it’s really imperative to always consult a dermatologist
- Watch out on what you eat! Yes…don’t eat foods that cause oily skin. Dairy products are usually rich in saturated fats and should be taken in moderation. Also, foods rich iodine or salty foods must be avoided.
- Taking vitamins is very essential. Vitamin A and Zinc are proven to have helped in preventing Acne. Green Tea is also an excellent antioxidant.
Remember: Some treatments may not be suitable for your skin, thus it is imperative to always ask a dermatologist before doing anything. You can ask them anything from the causes of acne to its treatment.
If you have severe acne scars you can read about read about…scarring and dermabrassion
END OF…10 ways on how to get rid Acne