The complexity of Acne scars can be very challenging for both the doctor and the patient. Since different type of scars respond differently to therapy, it is very important for a cosmetic surgeon or a scar expert to conduct a thorough assessment to be able to come up with the best possible treatment option.
For most scar experts, a combination of scar removal techniques and procedures work effectively rather than just getting a stand-alone treatment. For instance, getting a package of Dermaroller plus fractionated CO2 laser is better that just getting a session of any of those independently.
Which is Better? Dermaroller or Fractionated C02 Laser?
Well, the answer is- “Nothing, these are completely different procedures and they are used independently to produce better results- typically these procedures are done with an oral and topical skincare regimen to prevent complications and promote better healing”.
Both treatments promotes injury to the dermis which results to a skin repair mechanism- Meaning, new collagen is deposited in the areas of the microholes. This new inflammatory process, may help raise depressed scars.
- For some doctors, Dermaroller or “Roll-Cit” works best on shallow acne scars rather than deep ice pick scars. Because of the multiple tiny punctures of specialized needles, the skin is able to regenerate collagen on the skin and thus improving the appearance of acne scars. However, this procedure is very painful and may need anesthesia depending on the person’s pain tolerance.
- Also, Dermarollers may have several days of downtime- some doctors would say that a session of Dermaroller may have 6 days of downtime and 5 days of healing time- Meaning, your face will look very swollen until it is completely healed.
- For deeper ice pick scars, some doctors would prefer a simultaneous treatment of Dermaroller and Deep FX CO2 laser system . Both procedure are usually done separately with 1 or 2 months gap to prevent the risk of further scarring.
- For some doctors, deeper pits of scars are effectively treated with subcision/excision of scars followed by ablative frational CO2 resurfacing.
- It is important to note that “not all lasers are created equally and not all users are experienced with lasers”. Like for instance, In people with darker skin types, care must be taken to avoid hypo and hyper-pigmentation sequelae.
Acne scarring is challenging to treat that there is a great deal of nuance and expertise required to treat this condition safely and effectively. Always remember to choose the right doctor. Good Luck!
Welcome!The main purpose of this blog is to feature products, events and services with regard to Health, Beauty, Dermatological and Cosmetic Medicine. If you want your products, services and events be reviewed or advertised on this site, please do not hesitate to "Leave a Comment" or hit the " Contact Button". Please note that I reserve the right to accept or refuse your requests at my discretion. Have a great day!
Dermaroller for Deep Acne Scars | Does it Really Work?
26 March 2012 8:59 AM | No Comments
Share What is Dermaroller? Dermaroller is literally a roller tube with a bunch of micro needles sticking out of it....Read More
Fraxel CO2 beats the Traditional CO2 Laser | Fraxel CO2 Laser for Acne Scars
28 December 2011 6:52 PM | 8 Comments
Share Laser treatments have been gaining continuous popularity in terms of treating different types of scars. Nowadays, lasers are being...Read More
3 Types of Resurfacing Lasers for Acne Scars, Wrinkles and Age Spots etc.
05 January 2012 3:10 PM | 3 Comments
ShareThere are different types of Lasers and it is important that you always check on them before indulging yourself in...Read More
Which Type of Acne Scars Do You Have? | Acne Scars Treatments
02 May 2011 1:30 PM | 101 Comments
ShareWhat are the different types of Acne Scars? Acne scars are usually treated according to its type, color, texture and...Read More
Treat Acne Scars, Wrinkles & Fine Lines | Fraxel Laser is the Solution
05 June 2011 12:46 AM | 12 Comments
Share Fraxel laser is the famous brand of fractional laser which has gained popularity in the Philippines through one of...Read More
accident accident claim Asbestos attorney Asbestosis Cancer belo liposuction calayan liposuction claim adjuster claim specialist co2 laser Colon Cancer cor pulmonale Cosmetic surgery cyclists Drugs Got Acne? house of obagi products house of obagi services Impotence injury insurance company investigation invisalign large pores treatments Liposuction liposuction cost Malpractice Mediastinoscopy medico-legal mesothelioma motorcycle accident lawyer motorcycle accidents Negligence Online marketers pharmaceutical organization Philippines pleural plaques pleurectomy research return and refund policies save your lungs! statistics thoracotomy Tummy tuck video- assisted thoracoscopic surgery Web vitamins
Copyright Medicalling.com|The Call of Medicine. All Rights Reserved.