One of the most common accidents on the road is motorcycle accident. According to research, almost 3000 cyclists in the USA are killed of motorcycle accidents each year. Oftentimes, as statistics have stated, motorcycle accidents are not usually caused by the motorcyclist but by the accompanying vehicles on the road such as trucks, cars and vans.
Since motorcycle accidents are rampant, it is necessary for every driver on the road to acquire accident claims or insurance to protect themselves financially in cases of serious vehicular injuries or even death. Consultation to an expert, such as an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, is legally advised to assure protection and recovery to any damages, losses, injuries and expenses that may occur. Also, an accident claim must be filed and reported to your insurer as soon as possible for prompt action of the claim adjuster or specialist (Specialists in an insurance company who estimates the extent of losses and damages of both parties). Take note, that an accident claim can only be valid if no negligent acts are proven.
How should I avoid motorcycle accidents?
- Avoid driving beyond the limit! Meaning, DON’T DRIVE FAST!
- Learn and know the driving rules by heart!
- Always provide enough stopping distance.
- Memorize all the traffic signals and road signs.
- Do not drive in the influence of alcohol.
- Control your vehicle properly, enrolling in a driving school or training is recommended.
What to do if a motorcycle accident happened?
- First, just remain calm. Stay on the scene of the accident.
- Report the incident to the police department immediately.
- As soon as the police officers arrive, file a police report.
- Go to the nearest hospital, get assessed and file a “medico-legal” to get a medical certificate.
- Consult an expert (lawyer) for legal assistance.<END> motorcycle accidents