Literally, “tummy” means abdomen while “tuck” means to pull or draw up into a fold. Sounds good? Yep! But for sure a flatter abdomen and tighter stomach would sound even better! Men and women of all ages have always been dreaming of having a perfect body. A fat, chubby and flabby stomach is not bad at all, but for others it’s a total turn off!
Anyone in this world would wish to be at their best, but as the saying goes…If there is no pain, there is no gain. You need to work hard and sweat it out! And if you don’t want to do it the hard way…Then you might as well save a bunch of dime and try the tummy tuck operation.
What really is a tummy tuck?
Well, a tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty is a type of abdominal cosmetic surgery. And obviously, it has a mere intention of creating a better-look and perfect abdomen that suits your taste! As a result, a tighter and flatter abdomen is what you can get. Also, with good maintenance of proper diet and exercise, a tummy tuck may be as stable and permanent as you would love to have.
What happens on a tummy tuck procedure?
- Well, I have consulted one of my cosmetic doctor friends, and he told me that tummy tuck is considered as a major operation. Unlike tumescent liposuction or any other types of cosmetic surgery, it uses a general anesthesia and thus you will be asleep on the entire tummy tuck procedure.
I asked, “So what if it uses a general anesthesia?” Well, he answered and told me that undergoing a major operation with general anesthesia can pose greater possibility of developing complications and risks such as lung collapse, clots in the body and post- operation side effects.
- 6 to 8 hours before the tummy tuck procedure, you will be on NPO status- which means “nothing per orem” or nothing by mouth. This prevents you from getting gastric contents into your lungs and putting your life in danger.
- And then, in order for you to go on with the tummy tuck procedure, it is crucial that you have made sure to sign an informed consent. This means that you have understood all the risks and benefits; and surely agreed on the tummy tuck procedure.
- Typically, as what I have observed in most operations, doctors would ask you take your best pose as they take your “before result pictures”. And of course, the “after result picture” is going to be a big surprise!
- Afterwards, doctors and nurses will greet you hi’s and hello’s as you enter the operating room. Make sure you feel excited rather than feel nervous!
- Before the operation starts, you will be given the general anesthesia. You should feel dizzy and sleepy and then eventually sleep as if you are doing your beauty rest. You will also be given medications such as the anti -clotting agent heparin to prevent clots during operation.
- Tummy tuck doctors and nurses will then do their job. Based on what your preference and your doctor’s suggestions are, you will be operated as smooth and accurate as it has to be.
- Tummy tuck procedure has different types; standard tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck and extended tummy tuck to name some.
- Tummy tuck procedure would take 2 to 5 hours to perform, depending on the area and the fats size to be operated. That’s quite a long wait but surely it’s worth the wait!
- After the procedure is done, obviously you will feel dizzy and weak since your body has gone through a quite long surgery. Do not worry, your doctors and nurses are there to support and monitor your status.
- Usually, you will have to stay in the surgical center or hospital for 2 to 4 nights. Though it depends on how you recover and make yourself strong. Results will be clearly visible when the selling starts to disappear.
- And guess what, After you are healed and ready to go, you will be taken another picture of your best pose comparing your “before picture results” and “after picture results” to see the magic!
NOTE: Certain complications or dangers may arise that is why it is imperative that you always seek an expert cosmetic surgeon or doctor. Enjoy your new and perfect body!
<END> tummy tuck|Abdominoplasty