We can never control the inevitability of the aging process…In the long run, everybody gets old. But fortunately, with all the technological breakthroughs sprouting around, getting a teen-age face is no longer impossible.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I have spotted the ever-famous beauty specialist Dr. Vicky Belo in Salamat Dok’s Father’s day segment. She discussed about one of her newest procedures called Ulthera. It was Father’s day, and the actor Christopher De Leon was their to prove Dr. Belo’s magnificence with the procedure. Also, Dr. Belo discussed about other beauty and natural tips on how to keep track with a young-looking appearance.
What is Ulthera?
Ultherapy or famously known as Ulthera is the newest non-surgical cosmetic procedure which noticeably tightens and lifts the face without any hassle or downtime. The procedure uses Ultrasound or high-frequency sound waves to work on the skin’s surface and thus stimulating the formation of new collagen. On top of that, Ulthera is the only procedure approved by FDA to non-surgically lift, smoothen and tighten the skin on the face, neck and eyebrows.
How does Ulthera Work?
- Ulthera is a 30 to 60-minute noninvasive procedure which works below the surface of the skin.
- The cosmetic expert moves the flat surface of the ultrasound applicator over each region of the area to be treated.
- The Ultrasound technology or sound waves deliver small and controlled amounts of energy into the deep layers of skin and soft tissue while sparing the upper layers.
- Ulthera treats facial tissues only at the focus point, all the surrounding tissues are not manipulated and safe.
- During the span of over 90 days, the treated tissue stimulates the body to produce new collagen.
- Ultherapy has an excellent safety profile and the patient can immediately return to his or her daily routine just after the procedure.
Benefits | Advantages of Ulthera
- Ulthera helps to minimize lines all over the face
- Tightens sagging cheeks, and restores the skin’s youthful glow, texture and color.
- Improves the smoothness of the skin around the brows, neck, and cheeks.
- There is no cuts or scars with Ulthera.
- Ulthera for the full face takes only about an hour. The treatment is performed at one sitting.
- In 5 years of FDA testing, there were no adverse effects have noted. The FDA testing gave an 86% response rate for this treatment with only one pass.
- Pain medication is not needed after the treatment. Discomfort is gone immediately after treatment.
- There is generally no visible sign of treatment except for some temporary redness.
- It has successfully treated the lines along the upper lip that are most difficult to treat with injectables.
Disadvantages of Ulthera
- May cause discomforts for clients with low pain tolerance.
- Discomforts may range from a hot prickling sensation to short but intense bursts of discomfort.
- Oral medications or local anesthetics may be used to minimize discomforts. Sedation may even be recommended for patient with decreased pain tolerance.
- The result of improvement is not immediate . It can take up to 2-3 months for optimal rejuvenation.
- Side effects may include some bruising, swelling, and a feeling of tightness in the days after the procedure.
- Ultherapy does not replace surgical management for those who have significant skin laxity or excessive fat underneath the skin
- Ultherapy does not eliminate the need for Botox and fillers for severe and complicated conditions.
Good Candidates for Ulthera
- The best candidates for Ulthera are those who have mild to moderate facial laxity.
- Best for patients who want a discrete improvement without external signs of treatment.
- Best for patients who are busy and always on the go. May be done during lunch time and may go back to work after the procedure.
- The best way to determine if Ultherapy is right for you is to book a consultation with a recommended Ultherapy provider.
Ulthera Treatment Time
- The treatment time for Ulthera depends on the area to be treated. For instance, the full face and neck treatment takes about 90 minutes. The eyebrow and eyelid treatment takes approximately 45 minutes.
How long does Ulthera last?
- Long term results for Ultherapy are not available. It is imperative to remember that no cosmetic procedure, including the most highly innovative one is permanent. The skin will continue to age after any treatment. Ultherapy does not stop the natural aging process.
END OF Ulthera | Ultherapy Prevents Aging?